Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's January and....it's sooo cold!!

Happy January...is it cold enough??? I love having my kids home from school!!!
It has been awhile since I have posted...so, let me update you!
  • We got through our first Christmas rush! So busy, but so much fun! I loved designing Christmas cards for everyone! And, a big thank you to everyone for sending me your card! I loved receiving them!
  • My wonderful intern, Stephanie, graduated from ISU!! Congratulations Stephanie!! She moved back home to Peoria after graduation, I am sooo sad to lose her! She was invaluable to me during the last few months!!! She is sooo creative and such a hard worker. And...such a wonderful help to me while I figured out the website thing! She deserves so much credit for my website!!! She is actively looking for a job, so....if anyone knows anyone needing a full-time wonderful graphic artist, let me know!!!! I just wish I was a the point that I could hire her full-time! She will be the first I call when that time comes!!!
  • Exciting news...my studio will be up and running by February 1st!!!!!! Craig has been such a wonderful support and so helpful! We have transformed our formal living room and dining room into the studio. I have my studio, my office and a viewing room. I am sooo excited!!! I have ordered some beautiful fabrics to use as backgrounds, "wink" from my decorating days!
  • My best friend in the world, Missy, and I are going to Chicago on Sunday for the spring Gift show at the Merchandise Mart. I am going to be looking for some wonderful frames to carry, as well as other merchandise to enhance your photographs. I am so very excited and can't wait to share my wonderful finds with you all! I am also so excited to visit my Mom's new showroom. She leaves in the morning and I am praying for a safe trip for her!
O.K....it is Craig's birthday and so we are going to relax. He got a classic meatloaf dinner, green-bean casserole and mashed potatoes! As much as I dislike meatloaf, I made it just for him!! Happy 38th birthday dear!!

1 comment:

Ciarra M. Kohn said...

Kim! Congrats on the new studio . . . we are so excited for May to arrive to see it in person :) so much fun . ..keep us in mind when your looking for fun stuff in Chicago!